Adding large files to a workspace
Sometimes when authoring a problem you may need to add large files to a workspace. This is usually something like a dataset, an image, or a machine learning corpus. These are typically files students shouldn't edit.
Rather than including the text of the file, you can create a "URL" file. This means the file is stored in cloud storage rather than in our database.
If you want to add a large file to a slide, you can use the same process by creating a workspace file editor with the same settings, see our content authoring guide.
1. Upload the file as an asset
2. Copy the URL to the file.
3. Add your workspace file and edit the file settings
4. Tick "Is URL for readonly file contents" and "Is readonly", then close the file settings
5. Paste in the URL as the file content