How do I create a module?
Modules are one of the key elements of Grok's content data module (see the authoring guide). Because Modules are independent objects that can be used in multiple courses, they must first be created and then linked to the course.
In the Grok admin portal go the Authoring-Modules, or go directly to https://groklearning.com/admin/author-modules/. Then click the New Module button
This takes you to a form:
The fields are explained within the form. Some considerations:
- Owned By will control which courses have access to the module. If you are member of multiple institutions be sure to choose the one corresponding to the course you are creating;
- Label is used to identify the module out of potentially hundreds of others when linking to your course, so ensure that it is meaningful. Ideally it should follow the suggested naming convention.
- Default language sets the preferred programming language used in the slides. Others can be used, but need to explicitly override this default.
- Default slide layout determines whether slides will default to only showing the notes panel or showing the split layout with the code panel. The latter is the site default for historical reasons, but most courses now prefer to Notes Only except for problem slides.
- Default feedback style controls whether problems will default to modal or non-modal feedback. Leave this as the default unless you feel strongly about it.
Once you’re happy with the module settings, click the Create button. At this point you have a shiny new module with nothing in it, and you can start to add content.